Rocket League is updated with the Patch Notes V1.53! In this Season 9 update, you will find out brand new content, together with some significant changes as well as several bug fixes.
- “Hot Wheels Rivals” Arena is currently accessible in Casual Playlists, Tournaments, Private Matches, and Offline Matches
- Competitive Season 8 has come to its conclusion.
- Season 8 Rewards (Rocket Boosts) are currently accessible for all eligible players.
- Competitive Season 9 has started
- The complete ‘Monstercat x Rocket League Vol. 4‘ EP is now approachable as a music playlist.
- ‘Hot Wheels Rivals’ is now accessible as a playable Arena in Casual Playlists, Tournaments, Private Matches, and Offline Matches.
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Flag
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Player Banner
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Wheels
- The complete ‘Monstercat x Rocket League Vol. 4‘ EP is now approachable as a music playlist
- ‘Monstercat’ Topper is now accessible
- New Monstercat Flags have been attached to the game
- ‘Infected Mushroom’
- ‘Darren Styles’
- ‘Tokyo Machine
- ‘Pixel Terror’
- ‘Sara Skinner’
Changes and Updates
Competitive Season 8
- Competitive Season 8 has come to its conclusion. All the titles and items will be given to you for the highest rank you have obtained during the season. Season 8 Rewards are custom, non-tradable Rocket Boosts.
- Receiving Season 8 Rewards is also dependent upon successful completion of Season Reward Levels.
- Reward Rocket Boosts:
- Bronze I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Bronze’ Rocket Boost
- Silver I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Silver’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Gold I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Gold’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Platinum’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Diamond’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Champion I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Champion’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Grand Champion – ‘Season 8 Grand Champion’ in-game Title + all Season 8 Rocket Boosts
Competitive Season 9
- Competitive Season 9 has already started
- Season 9 brings the players a “soft reset” that needs you to do placement matches in every playlist to recalibrate.
- Winning half of your placement matches will take you near your former season ranking.
- League Rankings will be empty for a short time until the players finish their placement matches.
- Ranked Extra Modes
- Ranked Playlists for 3v3 Dropshot, 2v2 Hoops, 3v3 Rumble and 3v3 Snow Day are not accessible under the Extra Modes tab in the Playlist Menu.
- You will have an exclusive MMR for every Playlist.
- You will have to finish ten placement matches before achieving a Rank in every Playlist.
- All Ranked Extra Mode Playlists will donate to your Season Reward Level
- Extra Modes have been wiped out from the Casual Playlist tab
- You will be given an option to hide your Rank in the new Ranked Extra Modes Playlists
- Ranked Extra Modes won’t have leaderboards for Season 9.
- The post-match XP screen has been made shorter and you can skip it now, and you will directly get to the End Match screen and lobby.
- Consecutive Match Bonus has been developed from 50 XP to 200 XP.
- Weekly Win Bonus has been altered from a multiplier to a flat amount of 2,500 XP for each eligible victory.
- Discord button has been added to the News Panel
- Clicking this button will minimize Rocket League and take you to discord.gg/rocketleague, where you can join the official Rocket League Discord server
- Fixes a problem where focus could be lost when the party chat panel with the controller was closed.
- Details window now displays in trades with only one item.
- Older Replays recorded on Farmstead won’t crash the client anymore.
- Solved a bug with bot behavior regarding the air dodge, rolling ad ball strikes.
- ‘Best of the Bunch,’ ‘Squad Goals,’ ‘New Challenger’ and ‘Together is Better’ Achievements/Trophies now operate as intended
- Club invites won’t block a player’s view while trading anymore.
- If you check the ‘Friends Only’ League Rankings, it will now display all friends
- RLCS Fan Rewards Decals probably won’t display all details in the trade window.
- ‘Megabat’ Decal will probably cover the trim on Painted Car Bodies
- Some Competitive pop-up messages probably won’t reference Ranked Extra Modes when they are supposed to.
- Titanium White and Grey ‘Binary’ Painted Trails may have an identical look.
- Throughout a trade, choosing, removing and re-choosing an item from an inventory stack will probably make the check mark vanish away.
- [macOS] Game probably close after startup if a controller is connected and the “PlayStation Configuration Support” is enabled.
- [Switch] If you remove and add a splitscreen user to the party again, the first player in the party roster will be hidden.
- [Steam] ‘People Person’ Achievement/Trophy may not be opened for some players